Monday, July 14, 2014

Tsukihitei (月日亭)

Located steps away from the Kintetsu Nara Station, on the busy Higashimuki-dori is this traditional japanese cuisine restaurant called Tsukihitei. The place itself is quite hidden (it is on the second floor) and it might take awhile to look for, especially if you do not know the kanji of the shop's name. The full address is 6 Higashimuki Nakamachi, Nara Pref Economic Club Bldg. 2F, Nara, Nara Prefecture 630-8215.




 They have a variety of sets, but what caught my eye was the Ochazuke(greentea + rice)

Ochazuke set.

The set itself is so beautiful, I didn't know where to start.




The porridge.


The great thing about the ochazuke set at Tsukihitei is their appetizers, the side dishes, those taste fantastic, however the porridge itself was slightly disappointing. It is basically just plain porridge with a slight hint of tea taste, like really slight. I had to put all the accompanying items into the porridge so that it has somewhat of a taste. And when I looked around, I was pretty much the only one having this set. Their other sets actually looks much better than the one I had(even though mine was the most expensive). Overall though, the side dishes were awesome, and I think that this restaurant does serve great food, however if you do come here, skip their ochazuke set, and order something else.


Ratings:

Price: 3000 - 5000 yen (depending on which set you order)

Will I come again? Yes, but will order something else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment