Sunday, July 20, 2014

Traditional Bak Kut Teh - Pig Organ Soup - Kway Chap

This stall located at Bedok Corner (1 Bedok Road , stall 19) sells a variety of food. They sell Bak Kut Teh, pig organ soup, kway chap, pig kidney and liver mee sua... just to name a few, however my absolute favorite when I come here, is to order their Claypot Yellow Rice Wine Chicken(黄酒雞).


 Yellow Rice Wine Chicken(黄酒雞, $8)




Pig Intestine($4)


Shredded Meat with Tofu($3)


The Yellow Rice Wine chicken is one of the best I've tasted in Singapore. The soup is really tasty, the chicken is smooth and soft, it also comes with black fungus and mushrooms and the pot is good for 2 people to share.

For the pig intestine, it is cooked really well, and if you order kway chap, the sauce for it is not overly salty, so you can put lots of sauce in it.

You can also try their bak kut teh which is made Hokkien style, which means that there is less pepper in the soup, so it taste different from the normal peppery bak kut teh that is popular in Singapore.

I've pretty much tried every thing the uncle has on the menu, and the Yellow Rice Wine Chicken(黄酒雞) is my favorite thing to order from this stall.

Ratings:

Price: ~$6 per person

Will I come again? I'm a regular.

0 comments:

Post a Comment