Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Monster Curry

If you like Japanese Curry, and if you like big portions, Monster Curry is definitely the place to visit. There are 3 outlets currently in Singapore, 23 Serangoon Central #B1-08 NEX Serangoon, 2 Orchard Turn #B4-52 ION Orchard and finally 24 Food Republic #05-01 Stall 313 Orchard Road.




Combo Curry + Omelette
(Pork Katsu, Fried Fish, Shrimp Tempura, Pork Shabu-Shabu, Cheese)


The portion is really really big, we barely managed to finish this between me and my friend. If you like to eat spicy, I will recommend going for 5 Flames, which we did here.
Basically, 1 Flame is like 1 circle worth of the chili sauce on the curry.
The food itself, though, the curry is pretty well done, so is the fried fish, the pork shabu-shabu and the shrimp was okay, nothing spectacular. I didn't really like the pork Katsu though, I found the Katsu slightly too tough, especially the center pieces, and I thought they could be a little softer.
They could also be more generous with the curry sauce, as we finished the curry quite quickly.
However, it was a really filling meal.

Ratings:

Price: ~17SGD per person

Will I come again? Yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment